Saturday, May 21, 2011

5/19/11 Herbs that appear from out of nowhere, part II

Okay, there are probably many more examples of this, but just two weeks ago, I noticed that the back little patch of woods at my house was just filled with elder shrubs. How could I have missed them? All with these little white flower clusters, and a delicate fragrance. There must be dozens of shrubs back there now. I thought maybe I'd make some tincture with the berries, so I found a video on that on Youtube. Then, a few days later, I got a touch of something, some kind of cold and flu, and looked up uses for elder flower. Here's this herb that I've never used before, really, and it's abundant and literally right out my back door when I really need it. Elder blossom tea four times a day, and a very short course of whatever that cold-flu thingy was.

No comments:

Post a Comment