Thursday, August 25, 2011

8/25/11 The changing and important emotional lives of men

It used to be that I wouldn't pay much attention to men's feelings--either they didn't seem (to me) to have much, or they seemed to favor that one--anger, and I had to duck. Lately, I've been witness to a wider and wider range of sensitivity, self-reflection and tenderness from the men in my life. Recently helped a teen young man with a range of feelings over a breakup. At work, had a man dissolve to tears on the phone with me (among other things) and I had to apologize for being too harsh. Also, men my age on the dating scene seem to be reeling from the feelings they have around rejection and dishonesty from...women (??!!) they've encountered, and setting up certain boundaries for themselves. Go men!! Have those feelings!! Talk amongst yourselves!! Figure them out!! We can help each other!!

No comments:

Post a Comment