Saturday, January 28, 2012

01.26.12 Frankenfeet

This isn't truly an ecstasy, more like a modest comfort, but so what. Wore hiking boots to work. I don't know why this invention tickles me so much, but it does. The hiking boots immobilized foot and ankle, precisely like masonry bricks, and my legs like posts rising from them. I felt like a Karloff Frankenstein monster, my well-protected feet falling like stones with each step. Feet snug and cozy like they're in bomb shelters with provisions enough for six months post-apocalypse, feet like they're in bank safes padded with walls of ridiculous paper, feet like they're in an isolated cave in the arctic, waiting to be revived by a foolish, journal-keeping physician-explorer. My feet were Frankenfeet--comfy, padded, remote.

No comments:

Post a Comment