Saturday, January 14, 2012

This is the first (& only so far) time that I have been brought to ecstacy by a piece of music. The winding path of notes formed a golden color for me that started to break down the barriers between compartments in my mind & body. Like how I imagine, when I am giving someone a deep tissue massage, the correct, sensitively given pressure breaks down "adhesions" in the muscles, helping the client feel lighter, freer, released. In this piece of music, my adhesions were broken down, the clanging bars of filaments between recesses, between cells of being. The constructed walls of separation, the plaster and mortar and bricks crumble. I am again and again on the edge of ecstasy, with each rapid-fire note, and I stay as long as I can bear it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyFwwIHw6nw&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment