Friday, December 31, 2010

12/20/10 Psychic Information
Talking with a man I had just met, I got flashes--teeny almost indiscernible thoughts like ghost-movies in the poetry part of my brain--of houses, stone-built houses, and how crushing they would be if they fell on you. Heavy weights and dull ones, piles of rubble and structural beams. I wanted to avoid being buried alive. Then I started looking in the mirror, and saw myself as boxy, robust, armored in my stance against the world. Like him. I believe the cosmos is always giving us information, always telling us things that will help us. We need to pay attention to these tiny, faint, ghost-movies, these unflattering images of ourselves in the mirror, and see what the faint, ghost-like message is that the world is trying to give us. I canceled our coffee date.

No comments:

Post a Comment