Wednesday, December 8, 2010

12/9/10 piebald humans
A guy in the home-commute rush tonight with half an eyebrow white, half black. A gal I knew in grad school who had a patch of white exactly the size and shape of a yarmulke sideslipping its bobby-pin. A gal I knew growing up who had one brown eye with black eyebrow, one blue eye with white lashes & brow. We are such fine and beautiful specimens of animals, we humans. We come in various colors, shapes, sizes, and even in spotted, patterns. Actually, speaking of spots, I have seen differently-pigmented spots on the skin of some of my brown-skinned friends. And freckles. And my son, who has a teeny bit of brown-skinned heritage, has a few light-pigmented spots on his leg. Skin, hair, acoutrements. We are not solids, all. We are bright and various and rangey: appaloosas, calicoes, tortoise-shells, pintos, tabby-stripes, paints.

No comments:

Post a Comment