Saturday, December 4, 2010


12/4/10 a snow angel
It's a lawn ornament at a kitsch-y little house in the town where I grew up, near the apartment of a musician friend of mine. I've driven by her as often as I can lose my way over there, and really she always points me my way home. She's about life-size, I was going to say, but since no one knows if you can really dance a googolplex of them on the head of a pin, or if they are, as some of my New Age cronies used to say, as big as a mountain, I don't know. She's about the size of an average human, then. I think I've seen her, wingless and temporarily animated, a few times waiting serenely in the lobby of the DMV, as if she has drawn a number. And definitely I've seen her in the building where I work, the family justice center, waiting for her child support case to be called. She holds a little platter or basket with two hands--it's where you can put the geraniums or petunias in the summer, snowdrifts now in winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment